Monday, December 10, 2018

FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

Bubbie Rose, The Emanuel Link & My Genealogy Passion
By Joyce Hyde

I am fascinated with genealogy and how personal histories can help us learn more about ourselves. Verging on an obsession, I view my interest as a “passionate devotion to uncovering the truth.” It can be comforting to discover potential explanations for why things may have occurred the way they did, if we are mindful that for others the truth can elicit painful memories they prefer not to discuss. It is the next generation that sometimes benefits most from historical discoveries, as is the case with my grandmother (‘Bubbie’) Rose. Born in Chicago in 1915, Rose was the eldest of three (next was Minnie, with Libby....click to read more, pg 3

No comments:

Post a Comment